You are looking for something different than a hotel? Something smaller, friendlier and more relaxed with great food?
Having your holidays in a Chalet could be a great option for you. If you have never tried a chalet holiday, here are some of the reasons why they are so popular:
- The Chalet is friendly and sociable. You will enjoy your own privacy (5 bedrooms, all with their own ensuite wet rooms) in a family/friendly environment butyou will have your breakfast and evening meals with the other guests and your chalet hosts near the roaring fire, where you can swap ski tips and stories and enjoy some great company.
- You can relax in the communal lounge equipped with TV, DVD player, Wii, books, games and a bar, it’s like a home from home where you can make yourself really comfortable.
- Your hosts will cook a delicious three course evening meal for you accompanied by local Bulgarian wines, beer and soft drink. After a day on the slopes you don’t always feel like getting dressed up and venturing out into the snow again – eating downstairs in the chalet means that you can come down in your slippers and your onsie if you want to!
Bansko ski chalet
- Every morning, your hosts will give you a lift to the Skimania hire shop and the gondola. They will be with you at the shop to book your gear and ski lessons. And you can have a lift back to the chalet every day after a day on the slopes if you don’t fancy walking! We make everything as easy as possible for you so that you don’t have to worry about sorting out all the little bits and pieces that come with your ski holiday. Your hosts know all the ins and out of the resort so they are on hand all week to make sure that everything runs smoothly and you get the best from your holiday.
- An afternoon tea will be waiting for you in the Chalet after your day of skiing. It’s great to come back to home-made freshly baked cake – a different one every day!
- Just outside of the Chalet, you will enjoy and relax in the hot tub or your hosts can book for you a massage in the comfort of your own room if really feel like being pampered.
Our guests look forward to coming back to the chalet after a day on the slopes to enjoy their afternoon tea, so we try to mix up the recipes so they have lots of different treats during the week!
Here is a gourmet recipe … (and it’s gluten free too!)
Gluten free meringues
Ingredients (for about 20 meringues):
– 4 egg whites
– 250g of sugar
– a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C
2. Tip the 4 egg whites into a large mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt
3. Beat them and start to add the sugar slowly until a stiff and glossy mixture
4. Drop the mixture in rough rounds on a tray covered with baking paper
5. Bake for 1hour until the meringues sound crisp and leave them cool
For the gourmets, add some cocoa powder on top, yummy.
Cami & Yohann x x x
During your holiday in Bansko, you can enjoy various activities to make your ski holiday even more unforgettable.
- Luxury spa with pools, saunas and massages. We can recommend some lovely places for you to spend some relaxing time. After few days skiing on the slopes, having an afternoon relaxing in a spa is always appreciated and is a great way to soothe any aching muscles
- Snow-shoeing is an amazing experience to enjoy the mountains and get away from the crowds. You will have the opportunity to discover Bansko’s natural mountains walking on snow shoes in the wilderness.
- Horse-riding is possible, from riding lessons for beginners to trekking and also overnight rides for more experienced riders. You will enjoy stunning views of the Pirin mountains riding in the snow and get to see the mountains from a whole new perspective.
- Snowmobiling the trails of Pirin mountains. The tours are spectacular and will take you to breathtaking scenery full of adventure and adrenalin. Night skidooing is available and the feeling of being out in the snowy fields with just your headlight to guide you is fantastic!
- Ice-skating at the arena near the gondola. It’s a great place for a family time and younger children can use stabilizing “penguins” to help their balance.
- A 4WD Safari in an ex-military Russian Jeep to discover the local Bansko area, see fantastic points near the top of the water fall, visit the Church and Excavations.
- Paint balling in a snowy arena is lots of fun, especially if you are feeling competitive and fancy challenging your friends to a shoot up!
- Paragliding off the top of the Bansko mountain gives you the best views possible of the mountains and the surrounding area.
- Microlite flight over the valley as a passenger in a 2 man microlite.
A 4WD safari is a great way to see some of Bansko’s surrounding area.